On 10/04/2014 16:06, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 04/10/2014 03:30 PM, Martin Frb wrote:

The IDE ssh debugger, can not pause the app either.
I don't understand why this should be the case.

Manually using gdb via ssh (to bash) can do it, So why should the IDE not be able to ? (Or does - when in non-remote mode - the IDE really send a SigInt *directly* to the application and not via the debugger )

Well how do you do it, if you do it manually? Ctrl-C ?

I have not spent to much time on it, but if you can make the IDE send this to the remote then cool.

Btw, IIRC I did try, and sending #$03 does not do it. It is not the ctrl-c character that needs to be sent, but the break that a terminal emulation generate upon receiving the key combo.

Or do you have another way?

-----
Oh btw: IIRC gdb over ssh can do it in the IDE, if and only if gdb supports async (need to double check). gdbserver supports that for almost all targets. gdb only for a selected few.