On 26/12/2015 23:27, Juha Manninen wrote:
Howard, as the author you also have voting power over the GUI.
Besides GUI design is difficult, there is never a "right" solution
that everybody would agree upon.
Yes, dictatorship is far more efficient than democracy.

Yet I feel some things should be changed. All settings that duplicate
OI properties should either be moved to a bottom section of a popup
menu, or they should be removed completely.
Then the remaing GroupIndex feature from "Checkmark and radioitem
properties" dialog could be moved to the main window of menu designer
and the dialog then removed completely.
OK, I will work on a suitable patch that addresses these and the other issues that e.g. Péter and Maxim raised.

There are other usability issues, too.
Namely...?

From Kostas:
Since the menu editor is redesigned, why not do it like in Windows Forms
and NetBeans with the "inline editor" which is part of the form editor?

Good idea but how to implement it? It may not be a trivial task. We
can plan a future third iteration of menu designer to be an "inline
editor".
I'm not familiar either with Windows Forms or Netbeans. I'll do some research on this idea next year.

Howard

---