12.01.2016 22:17, Howard пишет:
On 12/01/2016 14:37, Péter Gábor wrote:

OK, point taken. I will amend the offending resourcestrings in a patch.
I'm not a linguist nor a translator, so did not appreciate that this
would cause difficulty.
My motive was simply to reduce the overall number of resourcestrings
required
I know :) and thanks for your work!

I have attached a third small patch to issue 29205, to address the
infelicity in some menu editor resourcestrings identified by Péter.
Could Ondrej or Juha review this?

String "composing" is still present e. g. in "Insert from template" dialog ("Choose template to ..." groupbox caption) and in main menu creation form in "add menu item" fields captions.

Also lismenueditororclickheadertosortbythatcolumn string looks suspicious from this POV.

As for lismenueditormoveseparatedeleteinsertitems: you shouldn't try to align text with buttons this way. It won't work with other than Windows' fonts/font sizes (e.g. on Linux) and other languages. Better change this string to regular caption like "Menu Item actions".

Also I noticed that e. g. "Insert from template" dialog is not resizable. It is better to have resizable dialogs in order to fit longer translation captions (e. g. combobox caption in this case).

--
Best regards,
 Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:gan...@narod.ru