Andrew Haines wrote:

I checked out HTML Help Maker http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/hhm/ and it can only create the archive format that chms are. It cannot currently create the TOC or index file or any of the other special chm related files that are in a chm.

However if we created our own index files in the chm archive (as in our own index format ( perhaps in XML )) the chmhelp program could easily be adapted to read those. A normal chm viewier however would not be able to read our special index or TOC.

Andrew