On 11/05/06, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I think we should do a little research and see what other
cross-platform solutions out there are using.

Qt - http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/helpsystem.html

Qt uses their own tool and format apparently.

wxWidgets - http://www.writerscafe.co.uk/helpview.htm

Add OpenOffice to that list.

Despite being a "new format", I'm inclined for our own CHM-like
format. It's probably easy to implement. We can even get "inspired" by
wxWidgets method, or try to be compatible with their format if people
don't like yet another format.

Fully agree!  CHM is a Microsoft format and I am sure we will get into
trouble using it. Creating our own format, or as Felipe said using
another format which works similar should be fine.

Compressed HTML seems to be the way to go and should be easy to view
on all platforms.

Regards,
 - Graeme -

--