> A name change would probably do a lot of good to this project.

It does sound like some sort of disease - I used to be made fun of in school
for my short
and precise name (Lars) since it is a European name and it is rarer to find
where I live.
Mean people would call me Lazarus.. Why was it so bad to be called Lazarus?
What was it
that made them think that would insult me? I guess it is something about how it
rings off
the tongue.

As for GNU - it's just as dumb, but somehow it caught on for who knows what
reasons.
Visual C++ sounds kind of funny too since it is almost zero visual development
and lots of
text editing. Funny names might not affect the project that much - maybe a
little.