On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 14:37 +0300, Al Boldi wrote:

> > Feel free to create OpenRAD based on FPC, gcc and lazarus ;)
>
> Lazarus isn't a language, it's a RAD. And a good one too!
>
> But it would be sad to see this effort being expended towards one language
> only.
>
> Lazarus is too good, not to be leveraged.
>
> Think about it!

You have to turn it around: Lazarus could have become so good because
it's written in Object Pascal.

Pascal which offers a good basic, structured language which makes it
easy to implement an advanced, complex system with a group of
programmers in a relative short time.

That programmers in other languages don't succeed in writing their own
RAD, doesn't mean that we have to provide them with one, imho.

But if someone else want to do that... be my guest. I'm not gonna do it.

Joost.