Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> > With a smart/cosmetic name change the same goes probably like this:
>
> 9 years ago, FPC changed it's name after being 1 1/2 known to the
> internet and it was a lot of work and caused a lot of confusion.

FPC is straight forward, like gcc. No need to change it.

> > Client> What language do you use to implement our system.
> > Devlpr> OpenRAD.  It allows me to pick a language specific to your
> > needs.
>
> Well, that's a lie :) Lazarus supports only Object Pascal.
>
> If you're lying anyways, you can also tell the customer you're using an
> OpenRAD but it's in fact FPC and lazarus if you care about the name.

That's Lazarus, what about OpenRAD?

> > Client> Wow!
>
> Feel free to create OpenRAD based on FPC, gcc and lazarus ;)

Lazarus isn't a language, it's a RAD. And a good one too!

But it would be sad to see this effort being expended towards one language
only.

Lazarus is too good, not to be leveraged.

Think about it!

Thanks!

--
Al