Kina like my ScreenSize component uses two completely different approaches.
Under X platforms it uses Xlib calls to get the screen dimensions, under

Where can I get this component? Does it provide multi-monitor support on X11?

I use some very special methods on the magnifier to have multi-monitor
support on Windows, but on Unix I just call Screen.Width and
Screen.Height, and I don't know how good their multimonitor support
is.

Anyway, enough philosophies, let me know if I can help you with the coding on
this.

Do you want to write this unit? If you have any problems, I can help.
If not, I will put on my to do list, but I cannot guarantee it will be
ready soon (too many things to do). I just wanted to make sure we both
agree on what is being implemented, and now I am.

Did you make any changes ? I'll test mine tomorrow (it's very late here)

No, I did a svn update, then I went to the command line, and did "make
clean all"

Next I recompiled only LCL for Gtk2 (from the IDE), and it worked.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho