> > It will only work for Intel 32-bit since it uses assembler
> > instructions at some parts. BTW, I though FPC assembler isn't
> > compatible with Delphi one,
>
> That's a wrong though ;) Almost all inline assembler written
> for delphi works with fpc.

I'm sure I read that thing the other day:
I think it's at http://www.freepascal.org/port.html, but maybe it meant the
Turbo Pascal inline assembler statemets, not the Delphi ones? (I thought
they were same or similar in Delphi, don't remember)

> > maybe Boguslaw fixed that code?
> > Best thing would be to have compiler defines and rewrite those
> > assembler instructions as normal Pascal code (would help porting to
> > other CPUs)
>
> This is probably impossible, PS does a lot of dirty tricks
> with subroutine calls etc.

I think Carlo said sometime ago on the ROPS newsgroup that assembler is used
mostly for maintaining the call stack. In fact I don't think anything done
using assembler can't be done with normal Pascal code (if necessery it can
call into a unit of low-level primitives that will be implemend in
assembler, but those primitives would be easily portable among various CPU
architectures)

----------------
George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
* QuickTime, QTVR, ActiveX, VCL, .NET
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
* Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0629-2, 21/07/2006
Tested on: 22/7/2006 12:54:31 ??