> > People always ask me what prgmLang to use, so I ask them which OS,
> > when they say Windows, I say go VS.
>
> I ask "what do you want to do?".

I'd say to them the same, but this is for standalone programmers and small
flexible teams of deeply knowledgeable (and thus adaptable) programmers. For
companies it's not the same, they want to choose some IDE and invest in
learning it and stick to it as long as possible (they won't select "the
right tool for the job" for each project, they want to use the same tool in
all jobs [understandable though])

Myself, I select between Delphi, Java (usually JBuilder), VB.net (WinForms
or ASP.net) or XML/XSLT and HTML/CSS (with minimum JavaScript if not
possible to avoid it [say to print a certain html frame]). But I don't see
any partner company of mine wiling to move away say from Java or from .NET
for a certain project and sometimes they pay me to consult on or take on the
porting of the stuff I had built them at some research project to their
preferred platform later on if they succeed (say if they got followup
funding or want to make a product out of the results of the research
project), from Object Pascal to Java for example

----------------
George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Computer & Informatics Engineer
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
++ QuickTime, Delphi, ActiveX, .NET components ++
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
++ Robotics ++
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0644-4, 31/10/2006
Tested on: 2/11/2006 9:32:40 ??