Sebastian Günther wrote:
E.g., if you have a GmbH in Germany/GesMbH in Austria (which is similar to a Ltd. in GB), the name of this GmbH gets known to the public and its name gets protected automatically just by being filed at the register court. So it's not necessary to protect the company's name using a registered trademark. AFAIK it's the same situation with any company, society or whatever: The first one which uses a name can use it forever, regardless of any patent or trademark stuff.

By the way, by accident one of our current customers is the European Patent Office here in Munich. Yes, they are running Lazarus software for their video observation system ;) If any legal questions should arise in this domain, please give me a note, so that I can try to get answers :)
Hi Sebastian,

That sounds like a good customer and a good case story... are we able to use the story somewhere ?

As for everything else, I've learnt a lot about where everybody is coming from.

The laws are not so different here, it's much the same. But people are discussing it in a slightly different way. That is one of the problems. I have had legal advice on this topic though, one of my closest uncles is a laywer, the other is a judge. So over the years I have had many discussions about this topic.

If at the end of the day my views get rejected simply because they are not of the right nationality then I am not worried.

Take care

David