Vincent Snijders wrote:
* Choose a different name for the foundation, (not for the project)
* Don't operate in the US
* Don't create a foundation, if you think that it is only raising money for trademark registration or legal defense.
Hi Vincent,

re 1) Lazarus is probably going to be ok for inclusion in the foundation name. I wouldn't see a problem there.

The issue is that somebody has a product trademark of Lazarus, and a software product trademark at that.

re 2) Not operating in the U.S, UK or Australia would be unfortunate :-(

re 3) A Foundation is to grow resources, provide facilities to members and
grow the project. It's having a minibus to take the members where they
       want to go, instead of asking them to hitch-hike on their own.

None of this needs to be accomplished overnight.

Also, I have meant no offense to anybody.

I've followed Lazarus for sometime so I realise that my words may be uncomfortable now. But there is no reason for panic.

But we should all do our legal homework....

Regards

David