On Friday 14 December 2007 11.43, Al Boldi wrote:
> > TFrame, visual form
> > inheritance and datamodules with cross form/datamodule design time
> > component linking are implemented for example,
>
> Wow, I didn't get that far.  I had to disable db-support, because I
> compiled the MSEide with FPC2.0.2.

MSEide+MSEgui 1.6 needs FPC 2.2.

> BTW, why isn't there a makefile or lpr
> file to compile the MSEide directly with FPC/laz without the MSEide bin?

In MSEide+MSEgui source directory:
ppc386 apps/ide/mseide.pas -Fulib/common/* -B -Fulib/common/kernel/i386-linux
-Fi/lib/common/kernel
(Linux)
or
ppc386.exe apps\ide\mseide.pas -Fulib\common\* -B
-Fulib\common\kernel\i386-win32 -Fi\lib\common\kernel
(win32)
There are scripts in SVN trunk to do a checkout and compiling MSEide,
"updatefromsvn" on Linux and "udatefromsvn.bat" for win32.
You can get them with viewvc:
http://mseide-msegui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mseide-msegui/trunk/
The script files are at the bottom of the list.

> > Lazarus can not be used to design MSEgui forms.
>
> That's sad.  MSEgui looks rather professional, but forcing a developer to
> change the ide is rather drastic.
>
> > There is a NNTP newsgroup for questions about MSEide+MSEgui:
>
> Is there web gateway for this?

No, use a news client, Mozilla Thunderbird for win32/Linux or
KNode for Linux for example. You will probably like the conversation
by NNTP, much more convenient than mailing lists or web forums IMHO.

Martin