No I am answering - to myself even:

Op woensdag 16-01-2008 om 11:18 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Joost van
der Sluis:
> A thing which does matter, if the amount of memory the application uses
> while running. I'm still annoyed by the fact that the 'clock' in the
> corner of my screen consumes 5MB of internal memory, just to show the
> time. And then I didn't count the python-runtime which is loaded to use
> it. GNOME (Fedora) can take up to hundred or even more MB of memmory,
> just to show some widgets. That annoys me. So I'm happy with Lazarus
> which only needs twice the amount of internal memory then a stupid,
> simple, clock.

Thus, being a good Open-Source developer, I should write my own clock,
or stop complaining about it. ;) Broke my own rule.... ;) (As a Defense,
I did writ my own clock, but didn't finished it, so it wasn't annoying
enough)

> >From time to time this threads pops up. Just like the 'icon' threads did
> in the past. Now take your responsibility: if you are annoyed by the
> fact of the big-binaries, you have to supply patches for that. If you
> think that it's a big issue which we all have been waiting for.... you
> would start spending time on it, to make that patch. Even if it would
> take you months, you would do it. If not, it's not a big enough issue to
> spend time on. And especially not to spend others time on, writing long
> mails to the mailing list. ;)

As Fabio (and others) does now with the docking-system. Seems like that
the lack of this feature is more annoying than the binary size. So let's
concentrate on that and keep up the good work!

Joost.