Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

--On Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:51 PM -0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

It is an ldif file from the mailserver created using slapcat.  Iremoved
the spaces becauses slapadd complained about each one.  Evenwith slapadd
-c -l.  Slapd.conf on mailserver has several indices thatI dont have on
the new version.

I've never seen slapcat create comments in a file.  It really does not
look like a slapcat generated file at all.  And again, removing the
spaces invalidates it as an LDIF file.

/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 107: unknown directive "write"
insidebackend database definition (ignored)

Line 107 or so of your slapd.conf has an error in the ACL lines, I'm guessing.

backend_startup: starting "ou=people,dc=harrisonburg,dc=k12,dc=va,dc=us"
=> ldbm_cache_open( "id2entry.dbb", 73, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open (opened 0)
=> str2entry: "version: 2
"
<= str2entry: str2ad(version): attribute type undefined

The entry being added references an attribute not found in your
server's loaded schema.  This would indicate a typo or a missing schema
file that should be included.

Also the old server is using ldbm, has been for 5 years with nodatabase
corruption.  Can I safely change the new version?

The wonderful thing about LDBM, is that if it corrupts your data, you
won't know.  Yes, it is safe to migrate to the new version.

I highly advise reading:

<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/756.html>

Sorry,
Yes, file is created using ldapsearch called via a .sh script everynight through cron. How do I add > <= str2entry: str2ad(version): attribute type undefined? Slaptest shows no errors in slapd.conf, but I will edit line 107. I'll try slapadd from a slapcat file. That isnt a problem.

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger