I’m resending this since it bounced.  Something about being over 40KB…

There are some more serious security implications with your choice of tools (e.g., injections).  Far from the definitive word, these are hotly debated, demonstrated, and refuted.  Here are a couple of blog articles that you should research and consider re PHP:

- PHP Insecurity: Failure of Leadership (http://www.greebo.net/?p=320)

- PHP Security: Dumb Users or Dumb APIs? (http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2006/01/24/php-security-dumb-users-or-dumb-apis/)

This is from last year’s Blackhat, but it’s fairly new and still relevant:

- Beefed up OWASP 2.0 introduced at BlackHat (http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1111443,00.html)  and (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page)

How to harden this?  It’s a moving target.  PHP6?  Until it is released and then I’ll say PHP7…   ;-)

The key is that if you don’t *really* have to be web-accessible, then don’t.

Steve