> >I have a 2.4 kernel that boots into LRP (I get a login prompt and can
> >login as root).
>
> How large is it, or is that question premature?

The kernel alone is 579,646 bytes, but I included support for just about
everything that could be modularized, and some of that support probably
inflates the kernel size.

For the truly adventerous, you can grab the kernel, modules, and config file
I used here:
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/kernel/2.4.0-test11/

At the moment, it's VERY UNTESTED, but the kernel DOES boot, and seems to
properly load the ramdisk.  Don't even think about playing with this unless
you want to delve into the new 2.4 kernel structure.  You can still support
the ipchains and ipfwmaskadm programs, but this functionality has to be
added at runtime (more kernel modules).

I will put the updated patch files in this directory as soon as I get them
made.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net