Charles Steinkuehler, 2001-06-14 13:35 -0500
> > Everyone,
> > Are our home page and releases page easier to navigate now?
> >
> > Note: I still need to work on our releases page, but I think our home
> > page is alright.
>
>Looking better!

Charles,
Thanks. The releases page still needs a lot of work though.

>I still think we need a page that tells folks about the different
>versions. The current FAQ page you link to is a start, but I think it
>should be an actual web page (ie part of the PHP website, not SF's
>FAQ-o-matic), for looks if nothing else.

I'll see if I can work something up. Fortunately, the SF devel team is
working on a complete rewrite of the DocManager and File Release system.
They aren't giving any time frame for release though.

>I also think the descriptions should be beefed up, and probably written by
>the folks driving the distribution...as long as we can stay away from
>descriptions like: "this disto is way better than that other one, which
>really sucks".  ;-)

I agree.

>Finally, with each 'main' distribution having several permutations, I
>think there should be links to something that helps users decide which
>particular image(s) they need to do what they want.  I've got an older
>version of this for my images at:
>
>http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/DiskImages/Which14Me.htm
>
>for an idea of what I'm thinking of.  I'll try to get an updated version
>of this online soon, so it can be linked from the main LEAF selection
>page (you can link this page as-is if you want...the URL will be the
>same).  I think David's got something like this for Oxygen, as well.

That sounds good.

>In general, expect my site and content to become more integrated with
>the SF Leaf site as time goes on, but it will take a while...

I do too.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/