> I had created my lrcfg file from the readme.txt file that I modified. At
> some point it became an MSDOS file.  The symptom was that the last
> module in the list closest to the ^M, in this case vim, did not load.
> The ^M looked like a . in the edit editor.  I am using
> etc:R,local,modules,ramlog,dhclient,dnscache,dhcpd,weblet,lncurses,vim
> in my lrcfg file simulating EB2.

I'll fix this in the next release...

> There is a subtle difference between the 2.2.16 and the 2.2.19 module I
> was using for my ethernet adapter.  In 2.2.16, I was able to just load
> eepro100.  In 2.2.19, I also needed to uncomment pci-scan in the
> /etc/modules before the interfaces were brought up.

This is due to the newer drivers in the 2.2.19 kernel.  Newer drivers are
generally (but not always) a good thing :)

> A difference between EB2 and Dachstein-CD is that a person also has to
> uncomment both ip_masq_portfw and ip_masq_autofw for NAT.  Should all
> the ip_masq_xxxx modules be uncommented by default like EB2 had them?

This is an undocumented difference between the floppy and CD versions...see
recent post to leaf-user...I'll fix this in the next CD release, and make it
behave like the floppy version.

> Another difference between EB2 and Dachstein-CD, dCD is in the ip
> address used for the internal network.  I am puzzled here.  Both EB2 and
> dCD allow a person to have their /etc/hosts file created from a list of
> variables.   In EB2 the router takes the internal subnet address when
> the /etc/hosts file is created. In dCD the router is assigned the
> address of 1.1.1.2.  The only real difference I can see is that the EB2
> /etc/network.conf uses 0.0.0.0 for eth0_IPADDR variable while dCD uses
> 1.1.1.2.  I tried changing these eth0_IPADDR to 0.0.0.0 thinking the NAT
> rules were using this number, but /etc/hosts file has 0.0.0.0 for the
> router ip.

Hmm...are you using dhcp?  If so, the hosts file should get created with
your public IP, not the 'placeholder' IP of 0.0.0.0 or 1.1.1.2.  If it
doesn't, this is a bug...

> weblet is not working.  I tried a telnet myrouter 80 with a GET /
> HTTP/1.0<enter><enter> operation.  Before I could finish typing "GET /"
> the connection was dropped.  The log file says sh-http refushed
> connection.  My weblet configuration files are the same from EB2.

The default Dachstein CD image is not setup to run weblet...I'll fix that in
the next release...

To fix it yourself, I think all you need to do is ad sh-httpd to
/etc/inetd.conf

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net