On Sunday 03 February 2002 07:07, Mike Noyes wrote:
> Make sure you talk to the people at PC Engines. They may need to make
> some changes to their adapter to accommodate the write protect
> function of the PQI CF card.
>
> PQI Write Protect Compact Flash Card Compatibility
> http://www.pqi.com.tw/pqi-eng/product/flash-card/com.htm

I saw that, but it shouldn't have any effect on IDE other than the
 error message that you get when you write-protect a floppy. It appears
 the error messages on that page refer to BIOS calls from the device(s)
 when it thinks it _should_ be able to write to the device. It only
 happens when the write-protection is on.

> Let them know this is what you would like. Who knows, maybe they will
> build it.

Yes, I think I will. I've used similar products, but they are European
and though the products are fine; ordering, shipping and
paying in another denomination is inconvinient.

I prefer the 44-pin products because many of the 486 and P1 products
limit the floppy BIOS to 1.44M. Using the 44-pin bus ensures that there
will be no problems at all, IMHO.

Here's some links for some products that I have used:
# LCD displays
        http://www.eio.com/lcdprodt.htm
# 90 degree PCI adapters
        http://www.barada.ca/photos.htm
#  Compact Flash adapters
        http://www.esskabel.de/English-Site/products/adapters/CompactFlash/Com
p actFlash-Main.htm
# Ultra thin CPU heatsinks/fans for Pentium processors in 1U cases
        http://www.tennmax.com/lasagna_oem.htm

--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!