Mike Noyes schrieb:

[snip]

> > What happens when I decide that /usr/sbin/ntp_setup actually belongs
> > /usr/bin/ntp_setup?  Or, /usr/sbin/ntp_setup becomes /usr/bin/setup_ntp?
> >
> > Clearly, cvs cannot know my intent, in this regard.  When committing a
> > directory change, under this scenario, how should it be done?
>
> If we had shell access to the repository, we would hand edit the
> structure change. SF doesn't allow us shell access to the cvs server, so
> we need to open SF support requests to make changes like this.
>
> ref. CVS repository clean-up requests
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1&atid=200001

I don't think it is a good idea to make a change like this.
If someone wants to retrieve an older version, it does not work
because the file he needs is not available anymore.
It is better to create the new file in CVS and pin the
release/version tag to the new file and not to the old file.

[snip]

--
Manfred Schuler
E_Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]