On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 03:56, Manfred Schuler wrote:
> Mike Noyes schrieb:
> > If we had shell access to the repository, we would hand edit the
> > structure change. SF doesn't allow us shell access to the cvs server, so
> > we need to open SF support requests to make changes like this.
> >
> > ref. CVS repository clean-up requests
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1&atid=200001
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to make a change like this.
> If someone wants to retrieve an older version, it does not work
> because the file he needs is not available anymore.
> It is better to create the new file in CVS and pin the
> release/version tag to the new file and not to the old file.

Manfred,
That has not been my experience. When the SF staff moves/renames files
on the SF cvs server they maintain the cvs structure. Talk with Jacob
Moorman, Quality of Service Manager ('moorman' on SourceForge.net,
'moorman' on SlashNET IRC) to verify this if you like.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/