Dan,
I've stated my position, and you've articulated yours. We agree the
announce list would be useful if it were utilized by our project
members. We disagree in some of the implementation details. However,
we've only had two comments by other people in this thread. This is
hardly a consensus. Further conversation on this topic is welcome, but I
believe our project members need to evaluate the usefulness of our
announce list for themselves.

My recommendation remains:
    Announcements should be posted on our leaf-announce list, and/or
    posted on our phpWebSite. Please don't cross post announcements to
    leaf-user.

Our current list membership totals follow:
leaf-cvs-commits  21 members
leaf-hardware     72 members
leaf-announce    124 members
leaf-devel       152 members
leaf-user        550 members

Our web site averages over 3,000 visitors a day.
https://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=13751

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/