Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dan,
> I've stated my position, and you've articulated yours. We agree the
> announce list would be useful if it were utilized by our project
> members. We disagree in some of the implementation details. However,
> we've only had two comments by other people in this thread.

Ah.  I didn't see either of them as the authors removed me from the cc line
(which wouldn't've been a problem when the thread was still on leaf-user,
but I'm not subscribed to leaf-devel).

> This is hardly a consensus.

No, but then we didn't ask for one.  If you really wanted to take a poll,
you could, but I don't think there's enough difference of opinion to justify
it.

> Further conversation on this topic is welcome,

Personally I think we've talked it to death.

> My recommendation remains:
>     Announcements should be posted on our leaf-announce list, and/or
>     posted on our phpWebSite. Please don't cross post announcements to
>     leaf-user.

Okay.  Your purposeful exclusion of security advisories (now that we know
"announcements", in your mind, doesn't include them) from your
recommendation still strikes me as odd, since security-related mail is the
most important type one can expect to get from the leaf-* lists, but
whatever...

> Our current list membership totals follow:
> leaf-cvs-commits  21 members
> leaf-hardware     72 members
> leaf-announce    124 members
> leaf-devel       152 members
> leaf-user        550 members
>
> Our web site averages over 3,000 visitors a day.
> https://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=13751

Raw numbers don't tell the whole story, without knowing, for instance, how
many subscribers to leaf-announce _aren't_ subscribed to any of the other
lists (and don't visit the website regularly), but interesting nonetheless.

--
Dan Harkless
[EMAIL PROTECTED]