Charles

At 17:26 05.05.2004 -0500, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>Erich Titl wrote:
>
>>Charles
>>I looked at the new linuxrc, nice, modular, easier to maintain.
>>At 22:14 05.05.2004, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>>>- /dev/null in root.dev.mk (should be in root.blk.mk even though it's not a block
>>>device, as it's used early in the init scripts).
>>Would this not, for consistency's sake, rather go to a root.chr.mk file.
>
>Personally, I don't think so...
>
>...if you're worried about a char device showing up in root.blk.mk, I'd either:
>- Just add a comment in root.blk.mk stating something like "/dev/null is here with
>all the block devices because it's used early in the boot sequence (and in this
>file!).
>
>- If that's too much bloat or doesn't make you happy, you chould rename root.blk.mk
>something like root.bootdev.mk, root.init.mk or something else that coveys "these
>devices are needed to boot-strap and find the leaf.cfg file"

No offense intended, I just felt that, if you go to the trouble of naming root.blk.mk
explicitly after the type of device it builds, it would be logical to name the one
that builds the character device nodes accordingly, e.g. root.chr.mk.

cheers
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16