06.07.2011 11:15, Erich Titl пишет:
> Hi Andrew
>
> at 06.07.2011 09:43, Andrew wrote:
>> 06.07.2011 09:34, Erich Titl пишет:
>>> Hi folks
>>>
>>> Trying to clean up and pull together all the various source and config
>>> files I am wondering where the fine version info and modification
>>> history within the source files went. Call me old fashioned, but I
>>> personally like it. Is that something that just went overboard in the
>>> GIT frenzy?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> Erich
>> git log --follow<path to filename>, key '-u' - for view patches.
>> There is no file versions in git, there is a commits - which should be
>> treated as patches. And you even can revert a commit that was done many
>> months ago, without need to apply all fresher modifications manually.
> :-)
>
> I just like to see individual commit messages within the files, along
> with some kind of a version, which makes it easier to understand the
> evolution of the beast. Maybe this is not modern thinking, but then be
> it.
There is no need for individual commits for each file - one commit can
touch unlimited number of files. This is much better than individual
commits - at least, there is no problem to rollback to any state of
repository - to tag commit or to start new branch.
There are some kind of 'version' - files hash (that can be seen in
output of `git log -u`), but it's better to treat versions as commits hash.