Chris:
        Hello again...

> I am trying to get echowall running on an Eigerstein 2BETA day
> 5/27/01. So far, this is what I have done:
>
> 1.  Got echowall.lrp on my disk
> 2.  Added echowall to Syslinux.cfg
> 3.  Executed ./echowall install from its directory and rebooted

        I gotta work on that documentation. :) You first need
to setup echowall.conf for your LAN, as I think all the MACID's
in that file are from my LAN. So, start with this:

        echowall scan

        That'll return a list of all the devices on your LAN,
with their IP-address and MAC-ID matchings.
        Then, in echowall.conf, list the services you want
to enable in the WANTED_SERVICES line. For instance:

        WANTED_SERVICES="SSHDEFAULT PPTP DIRECTX"

        Last, for each one of the services in that list,
specify what MAC-ID you want to enable that service upon.
Or, if you want to direct the service to the firewall itself,
just put firewall there. For instance:

        SSHDEFAULT_HOST_MACID="firewall"
        PPTP_HOST_MACID="ab:cd:ef:gh:ij"
        DIRECTX_HOST_MACID="kl:mn:op:qr:st"

        Of course, put *your* machine's MAC-ID's in there
instead of that "ab:cd;ef:gh:ij" nonsense.

        After you edit echowall.conf like that, you're
about done. Just "echowall start" and it should setup for
you.
        Lemme know how it goes! If it still doesn't fly,
feel free to email me your disk image and I'll try to
recreate the trouble here...

cheers,
Scott