> As a side-note, the Belkin Omni-cube will lock up linux if you hook the
> mouse cable up to a system (like LRP) that doesn't run GPM (or some other
> mouse driver), and the keyboard will spew random garbage occasionally if
> you're using a MS Natural Keyboard Elite (even after they send
> you the ROM's
> that are supposed to fix this problem).

pn] Yes, that's why I put the LRP boxes w/o mice on a separate switch.  I do
notice that the active system sees the hotkey "digit" (annoying) if you're
at a command-line, editor or anything else waiting for keystrokes.  And I
used to think that my Linux boxes were hanging until I realized that often
the scroll-lock hotkey sequence leaves it toggled.

---
Peter Nosko