Peter Nosko wrote:

> pn] Does anyone here use a KVM switch for GUI workstations?  I use the old
> manual switch boxes for my LRP machines because quality video needs are low.
> But I've been using a Belkin Omni-Cube 4-port for X/Linux and Windows boxes
> and am unsatisfied with the video degradation.  I'd appreciate any feedback
> on reasonably-priced KVM switches with decent video performance.  Thanks.

I highly recommend Linksys KVM's -- for the money, there are none
better, IMHO };-Þ

<http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=15>

And, this is from somebody who's not likely to own anything else by
Linksys ;>

We've used both the 2-port (PS2KVM2,
<http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=129&grid=15>) and
4-port (PS2KVM4,
<http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=137&grid=15>) for
several months.  Each can be had for well under $100, if you search
aggressively.

Very rarely have we seen any type of lockup -- usually, due to a
connection kicked loose ;<

The only real gripe we have is, once in awhile, the cursor lags behind
the mouse by a couple of milliseconds and you click; but, there's
nothing quite there on which to click ;<  This is not as bad as it may
sound -- difficult situation to describe -- but, for some of us who fly
around blindly, not always watching what we're doing on automatic pilot,
it can be mildly frustrating.

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

"Dare to fix things before they break . . . "

"Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . . "