From: Charles Steinkuehler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 6:17 PM
To: David McBride
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] Please help with 2 NIC's useing DHCPD.

> I am trying to get DHCP client to work on a LRP box (Eigerstein) on two
> nic's at one time.
> I have tried to list both in the EXTERN_IF line in network.conf, but only
> one will try to get an address from a DHCP server.  Both card are loading
> properly.  One nic is a KNE110 and the other is a SMC1211.  The box is a
> pentium 100 with 32 mb ram.
>
> Can someone please help??

I believe this should work...Note that you are listing the wrong variable
name, and you need quotes around the two interface names:

IF_DHCP="eth0 eth1"

(or whatever the two interfaces you want configured by dhcp) should do what
you want...remember to remove interfaces configured by dhcp from IF_AUTO.

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net