-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ray Olszewski
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 12:08 PM
To: Simon Bolduc; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Leaf-user] ES2B Dachstien and Rogers@home

Just a blue-sky thought here ... there used to be reports, back on the LRP
lists, that, in some cases, clearing a MAC address required more than a
simple modem reset. Some people reported needing to power-down (as in unplug
from the wall socket) the modem for 5 minutes, presumably to clear some
equivalent of the CMOS a PC uses to hold state between boots. If your "reset
of the modem" hasn't been this thorough, you might try this approach and see
if it helps.

At 02:03 PM 11/20/01 -0500, Simon Bolduc wrote:
>I too am with @home, as is a friend of mine, we both upgraded to the
current
>release of dachstein and while he is experiencing the same problem as you,
>am not.  He has tried different NICs, reconfiguring etc.  This could
>potentially be an issue with your modem caching your MAC address (though a
>reset of the modem should repair this if that is the problem - and it
>doesn't) - or perhaps the headend modem caching the MAC.  Just out of
>curiousity is your modem a blue Terayon Modem - made out of plastic, kinda
>looks like a shark's fin??  that is the type my friend has, - and is
>different than my type of modem.  It could also be a rogue dhcp server as
>the resolution of a traceroute seems a little odd for the DHCP address.
[old stuff deleted]