Sorry I didn't say this before, but I am using the Dachstien floppy boot
image. So what is on the CD may not be there.
Can you point me to the init and adsl-start scripts somewhere on the web?
Is there a pppoe module or package that is needed?
I am connecting to Bellsouth's DSL service through an Alcatel Speed
Touch home ethernet dsl modem.
Works greate thru my Suse box with roaring penguin, and of course via
windoze box.

Thx