Charles Steinkuehler wrote:

> but,
> from

> > > scp or https/PUT to separate ports (22 and 2022, or 443 and 4443, for
> > > example), one port for each host.  The hosts could each see input on the
> > > nominal port (22 or 443).
> >
> > Yes, I see this; but, is there someway to accomplish this --
> > simultaneously -- with one (1) remote operation?
>
> ???
> Please explain a bit more about exactly what you're trying to accomplish...

Large medical images -- some approaching gigabyte sizes.

The internal network connects multiple facilities.  The images may need
to be shared across multiple facilities.

Our preferred solution is to put one (1) copy of each image on a large
and robust fileserver inside their network.  The catch is, they are
using proprietary systems for viewing and analyzing the images and we
may not be granted access nor information adequate to implementing our
preferred solution.  Currently, the remote sources are using their
proprietary systems (black boxes) to auto-magically transfer the files
directly to one (1) proprietary system inside our customer's network.
Yes, this looks everyway like ftp -- except the proprietary system
vendor says, no, it is not that simple ;>

When one of these images is needed on another proprietary system inside
this network, somebody needs to push the required file to another
proprietary system.  Our customer wants ``pull'' access from any given
system.

In brainstorming alternatives, this occured to me:

        send images

         internet

         firewall

  ---------------------
  |         |         |
  V         V         V
host_1    host_2    host_n ...

Regardless, whether or not this is the best solution for this
application, how can this be done?

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .