I'm on Sympatico in Ontario and notice that my ip changes quite
frequently. It is stable for a week, then I get bumped twice in a single
day. Now, the system renegotiates just fine, however, because network.conf
has not been re-run, all my port forwards are "broken" until I do so
(which doesn't help me if I'm at work trying to get in).

Does PPP have it in its specs to renegotiate an IP like DHCP does? Or are
they forcing a renegotiation by dropping your connection?

Does this mean that something placed in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d will
automatically get run at that time to "fix" it? Can I just put
network.conf there? What will happen to it as it will probably run from
here before it is supposed to on a normal boot sequence?

dbc.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux -- up 11 days because it can.