--- Eric Wolzak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > David B. Cook wrote:

> > >Does this mean that something placed in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d will
> > >automatically get run at that time to "fix" it?
> Yes.

> with rp-pppoe and with the 2.4 kernel pppoe it is both possible in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up or in the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ directory.

I created a script named update_portfw_ip.sh, with the 2 lines
   #!/bin/sh
   /usr/sbin/svi network ipfilter reload
in the directory /etc/ppp/ip-up.d , did chmod a+x,
then reset the DSL signal.

Didn't work.
The portfw IP as given by `ipmasqadm portfw -nl` is still the old IP,
and not the new one given by `ip addr show dev ppp0` .

(It doesn't mater what the script is named does it?
It automatically runs all scripts marked executable in
that directory, correct?)

> BTW if you have dynamically assigned internet addresses, the
> firewall could be assigned like that.
> The portforwarding isn't affected by the external adress is it.
> You're problem with an external connection is that you don't know
> the external adress after rebooting and so you cannot connect with
> your box.

No, the external address is known, connection
with the box is fine, problem is only that the
IP used by the port forwarding is incorrect.

> put something like "mail me the new external ip" in ip-up.

I am not sure how this helps -- you mean to do
a manual update after I read my email?
I can do that already by using the weblet to look
at the viewnet page output.
I want it to be automatic.

Thanks for your help Eric,
Tom