Well, to test the theory, I modified one of my port forwards and ran the
"svi network ipfileter reload" and it indeed reloaded the filters
correctly as viewed from the web applet. Thanks Eric/Ewald.
(Backup /etc for this).

So, I put the "svi network ipfilter reload" into the /etc/ppp/ip-up file
at the end and just before the call to run parts from the ip-up.d
directory.
(Backup ppp for this one).

Killing the pppd appears to restart a new version and re-run the filters.
Also, a reboot appears to be no worse for the wear with this change. I
will keep you informed the first time the ISP drops the connection such
that it renegotiates the address without my intervention.
dbc.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux -- up 12 days because it can.