On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Tom Atwater wrote:

<..snip..>
> > Killing the pppd appears to restart a new version and re-run the filters.
<..snip..>
> > I will keep you informed the first time the ISP drops the connection
> > such that it renegotiates the address without my intervention.
>
> I simulate the ISP dropping connection by unplugging the
> incoming cable to the DSL modem, then waiting a couple
<..snip..>

*** Doh!!! ***
Yeah, I guess pulling the eth0 cable would indeed drop the ppp session. I
guess it must have been too late for me to think.

I presume we can consider this fixed/closed?
So the net of the solution is /etc/ppp/ip-up gets the 2 lines:

# reload ipfilter tables after ppp restart
svi network ipfilter reload

These are inserted immediately before "run-parts" at the bottom of the
file.

I hope Kenneth Hadley can include this and make it "officially" and
Charles to include it.

dbc.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>