Sorry ... brain fade ... I'm running Dachstein.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Eric
Wolzak wrote:

> > David B. Cook wrote:
> >
> > >Does PPP have it in its specs to renegotiate an IP like DHCP does? Or are
> > >they forcing a renegotiation by dropping your connection?
> > >
> > >Does this mean that something placed in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d will
> > >automatically get run at that time to "fix" it?
> Yes.
> >  The following will reload your firewall rules:
> >
> > svi network ipfilter reload
> >
> > I don't know where to place this command as I'm totally unfamiliar with
> > PPPoE. Could you please tell us what diskimage/LEAF distribution you are
> > using, so that this can be fixed?
> with rp-pppoe and with the 2.4 kernel pppoe it is both possible in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up or in the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ directory.
>
> BTW if you have dynamically assigned internet addresses, the
> firewall could be assigned like that.
> The portforwarding isn't affected by the external adress is it.
Actually, yes it is. Whether it is part of the PPPoE standard or Sympatico
accomplishes it by dumping my session forcing a respawn or not, when the
new address is assigned, all works fine EXCEPT the port forwards because
they use $EXTERN_IP as the source variable.

 > You're problem with an
external connection is that you don't know
> the external adress after rebooting and so you cannot connect with
> your box.
> put something like "mail me the new external ip" in ip-up.
Actually *no* on this count. I am upating my dyndns.org account
automatically so I do know what the external IP is. It is definitely the
port forwards that don't work.

I was not trying the svi network reload with the "ipfilter" option. I will
try that and keep you all posted.

--

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux -- up 12 days because it can.