Steve Fink wrote:
> Matt,
>
>       The tech doc on the Nagasaki DOM's that I have shows a set password command
> available.  I'm in communication with the manufacturer, they do not
> currently have a utility available to the public to set this password, but
> where there's a will there's a way.

   Neat Steve.  That sounds like as good a solution as
some others, especially if you use a different password
than the one you use for root.  Plus the encrypted
password would be on the DOM, making it difficult or
impossible to run a password cracker on the "/dom/shadow"
file, for a lack of a better name.

   Not the holy grail we were looking for, but it sounds
like one of the top software solutions so far.

>       I will check with some other Linuxheads I know and see what we can do...
> Essentially we just need to create a utility to set the password.  Then if
> the password on the DOM is already set the utility authenticates

   Now I'm getting nervous :)  If the "/dom/shadow" encrypted
passwords are readable, that's not as good from my point of
view because it's only a matter of time till it could be
cracked.   Still very interesting.  Looking forward to hearing
what you come up with.

Best,
Matthew