"Upnet Joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why don't U use FreeSwan Ipsec...I just woke up hehe
>
> Upnet Joe

I am sure Ipsec has allot of advantages.  I have not explored it yet.
So I can't really say.  Here's one practical reason to stay with SSH. I
thought I read in the list somewhere, that some ISPs are blocking Ipsec.
The ISP forces a person to buy a business account with the ISP in order
to use the Ipsec protocol--the scurvy dogs.  SSH or CIPE could provide
some drastic savings on a normal residential account compared to a
business account using Ipsec in this case.  SSH can be moved from it's
default port of 22, if an ISP blocks that port.  I believe Ipsec is a
protocol that could be filtered forcing a person into a business
account.

SSH has allot of uses on an internal net.  What I can't answer yet is
how easy is Ipsec to configure to replace SSH for internal LAN
functions?  Does Ipsec limit client choices or is that a non issue?  I
am guessing that if Ipsec is just a protocol, then you worry about it on
the network interface configuration and the tunnel is available to all
clients?

Ahhhhhh and what this subject is talking about is choice.  LEAF distros
give you lots of choices.

Greg Morgan