got called out of town so this response is a bit delayed...

[Joey-snip]
Not to sound impolite... but there is currently I HOW-TO already available,
linked below...  I know the excitement though of getting this particular
project working
[/snip]

Not impolite at all. The only reason that I suggested it is because there
are some _minor_ changes between the Dachstein HOW-TO and the one that would
need to be written for Bering. Such as the affect of not having serial
compiled in the kernel. I have, however, decided to wait until rc2 comes
out. If Jacques decides to include it in the kernel then it would make a
rewrite virtually pointless.

[Chad-snip]
I am wondering when you say success what you really mean. I can copy the
same results as you from my minicom window (i.e. the boot happens and I can
log in) but there is one large thing missing: boot messages.
[/snip]

Success, at this time, was to simply get access [1]. Having the serial
module compiled into the kernel, thus allowing the reception of the kernel
boot messages will be step two [2]. For me, step three [3] will be moving to
a serial accessible bios that will let me see the hardware post.

[Jacques-Snip]
Bering v1.0-rc1 does not have serial compiled in the kernel. This seems
necessary to have serial console access. I am considering to have serial
compiled in v1.0-rc2 for that reason. Any comment from the list on that
issue?
[/snip]

Based on the above statement Mr. Nilo is awaiting feedback from us to
determine whether the serial module will be compiled in. I would like to ask
that everyone who wants it to please be sure and hit the list with that
request so that the Bering team is aware of our interest. Here is mine...

Bering Team, please compile the serial module into the kernel for the rc2
release. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for their work on this. Once again proving that the LEAF
project is greater than the sum of its parts.

Respectfully,
Eric