On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:18:59 -0500
"Eric B Kiser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> _SUCCESS_
>
> The results as copied from my hyperterm window......
>
>                       LEAF configuration menu
>

>         1 ) Network configuration
>
>         2 ) System configuration
>
>         3 ) Packages configuration
>
>                                         b) Back-up a package
>
>                                         c) Back-up your LEAF disk
>
>                                         h) Help
>   q) quit
>   -------
>         Selection:

The contents of this thread make a delightful howto, but I am wondering
when you say success what you really mean.  I can copy the same results as
you from my minicom window (i.e the boot happens and I can log in) but
there is one large thing missing: boot messages.  I see none.  Are you
seeing them?  Can you tell me how I can see them?  Aren't boot messages
important?  They probably aren't for a production box, I guess, but for
developers on headless boxes?  Maybe.  Is the boot information available
any other way in LEAF?

Of course it is successful not to have to use a custom compiled kernel on
your leaf box, because it makes it easier to stay up with the latest
version.  That is what i am going for.  But I think I need my boot
messages.  Please tell me if I am wrong or if there is something I can do
to not have to live without them.

Thanks in advance,
Chad Carr