On Tuesday 23 April 2002 14:57, MLU  wrote:
> Thank you Charles.
>
> After making the RSA right, I restarted the ipsec service on both
> side and then I try to ping a machine on 192.168.1.x from 192.168.9.x
> subnet but the ping times out and there is nothing in auth.log or
> syslog suggesting a reason.

Funny, it appears that the tunnel has come up even though your
left & right sides are not the same on both gateways.... that normally
doesn't happen (might be a problem). But more likely, the route to
the correct local subnet on each machine is missing (I assume eth1).

Using a Subnet-to-Subnet connection you cannot get the gateways
to use the tunnel, they only route the local subnet traffic to the
remote subnet... so any machine on the local subnet should be
able to ping any machine on the remote subnet except the gateways
themselves.

I hope this helps!  :-)
--

~Lynn Avants
aka Guitarlynn

guitarlynn at users.sourceforge.net
http://leaf.sourceforge.net

If linux isn't the answer, you've probably got the wrong question!