Their all PCI, all use tulip.o,

I've tried mixing the nic's around to see if there is order to this, oddly
regardless of what slot the 10bT nic is in it is always comes up eth2.
While the other two can be  interchanged.  Though this motherboard seems to
assign eth0 starting on the nic furthest from the io ports.  Could this be
an ordering issue inside the driver?  the 10bT probably uses a earlier
variation than the other two.

Just in case it matters...
Bering 1.0 rc2
2x SMC 1255TX (10/100)
1x D-Link 530 CT (10bT)  has digital 21041-PB
Motherboard ASUS TXP4, 32MB ram, P166

Scott