Jacques,

Well, I wasn't expecting help from the author on my first post. The
support here is incredible!

doc2000.o but again, mounting did not work.

The diskonchip came with slackware 7 installed, so I've been trying to
translate the configuration to Bering. So far all I've found was an
fstab entry:
   /dev/fla1    /   ext2   defaults  1  1
I tried changing the fstab file, loading the mdtcore.o and other
drivers, then mounting with the following statement:
   mount -t ext2 /dev/fla1 /mnt
But that only yielded the error message "Operation not support by
device".

I found a driver (of sorts) on m-sys.com that talks about recompiling
the kernel. It also mentioned lilo with a 'doc.b' file.

Supporting diskonchip installations seems important given the embedded
aspect of Bering. So if your interested, I'll do what I can to document
this installation scenario.

Darren