On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 15:22, Darren Martz wrote:
> - The "Linux MTD, JFFS HOWTO" paper is long and complex.

Darren,
I took a look at this HowTo and a couple of things stood out. First does
dmesg show something like:
"DiskOnChip found at address 0xD0000 (your address may be different)"
"nftla1"

What is the output of:
#cat /proc/mtd

> - The "Linux MTD" paper indicates support in the 2.4 kernel.
> - The "Linux MTD" paper indicates downloading drivers and tools then
> recompiling the kernel.
> - This is not a simple process like loading an ide driver and mounting
> it.
>
> Modules that were loaded (in order):
>   mtdcore.o
>   nftl.o
>   docecc.o
>   doc2000.o
>
> These were located in "/boot/lib/modules" and declared in
> "/boot/etc/modules".

The document suggests:
#modprobe -a doc2000 nftl mtdchar mtdblock
#modprobe -a docprobe

I hope this helps. I don't have a DOC2000 to try this out on. Sorry.

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/