Yes, when I load docprobe.o after docecc.o and doc2000.o it reports
address 0xD0000, but not the "nftla1" as the article indicates.

The "#cat" output is:
   Dev:    size   erasesize  name
   Mtd0: 01000000 00004000  "DiskOnChip 2000"

I couldn't find much on the nftla1 comment made in that article, there
really wasn't much to go on.

I have tried loading the mtdchar and mtdblock modules before as well.
That same article indicates the mtdblock is for a caching mechanics in
relation to the lifespan of the chip... I just changed my configuration
and tried with the extra mtd modules loaded - sadly, no change.

I just read over the dmesg logs again and found something:
   manufacturer id: EC chip id: 73 (Samsung KM29U128T)
   1 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 16 MiB
   Partition check
   nftla: nftla1

This is a 64mb chip currently with Slackware7 on an ext2 filesystem (I
have loaded the ext2 module). It does not appear to be correctly
identifying the chipset (anyone please feel free to correct me on this
one). Comparing to the slackware7 logs, it loads the custom M-System
driver that states 2 copyright messages and "DOC device(s) found: 1".

Darren