To get real help with your problem, you have to tell us more than that
incoming mail does not arrive "for some reason".

Here is what I see from this end when I try to connect to your SMTP server:

collier:~$ telnet drakeweb.homeip.net 25
Trying 216.75.173.58...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
collier:~$

OTOH, I can ping the host successfully, so I do have connectivity. But I
cannot traceroute through (steps at "fe0-0.speede01.access.golden.net
(64.39.160.98)"). And I can connect to your Web server, and telnet at least
*tries* to connect to other ports. So exactly what "no route to host" means
wrt port 25 is unclear, but it is apparently not a basic connectivity issue.

So ... two things to investigate.

1. Does your ISP do anything to interfere with incoming traffic to
drakeweb.homeip.net:25? This looks like a pretty good guess, since I get
the same "no route to host" nonsense for port-25 connections fro other IP
addresses slose to yours, for example:

collier:~$ telnet 216.75.173.55 25
Trying 216.75.173.55...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
collier:~$ telnet 216.75.173.55
Trying 216.75.173.55...
collier:~$ telnet 216.75.173.52 25
Trying 216.75.173.52...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

Note that I *can* get a regular telnet through to one of these addresses,
though (it doesn't answer, as is quite proper, but there isn't a routing
failure).

If your ISP is jerking you around, no fiddling with qmail or Shorewall
settings will help. You're screwed, pure and simple.

2. If that guess turns out wrong, please report the actual settings you are
using, not just "as best I can" and "My shorewall settings are set to allow
the correct ports in and out". Also, can you send mail from a host on the
*internal* interface (assumign you've set qmail and the router up so they
are supposed to accept internal mail)?

At 07:47 PM 6/1/02 -0400, Adam Drake wrote:
>Ok guys, I'm begging now!
>
>I've installed QMAIL on my LEAF BERING system, with DAEMONTL and VMAILMGR.
>
>Having read whatever documentation there is (not a lot) I've attempted to
>configure qmail as best I can, but I'm clutching at straws. For some reason,
>I can now send e-mails, but not receive them.
>
>My shorewall settings are set to allow the correct ports in and out.
>
>What I really need to know is how should the qmail settings be set? the
>address pointing to my lrp box is:
>
>drakeweb.homeip.net
>
>I have one e-mail account: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>What should my settings be to allow e-mail to land?
>
>Anyone any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Adam.

Palo Alto, California, USA                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]