Thanks for your reply Ray. I can send mail from an internal host, using
address [EMAIL PROTECTED] to an external host and it arrives. I
cannot collect mail from qmail, whether sent from internally or externally.

Here are some configs:

shorewall/interfaces

#ZONE      INTERFACE      BROADCAST      OPTIONS
#net     etho        detect            dhcp,routefilter,norfc1918
net   ppp0        -
loc   eth1        detect            routestopped
#LAST LINE -- ADD YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE THIS ONE -- DO NOT REMOVE

Shorewall/rules

# To avoid connection delays, reject AUTH if the user hasn't ACCEPTED it
above
#
REJECT            net     fw          tcp      113
#
# Accept DNS connections from the firewall to the network
#
ACCEPT            fw      net         tcp      53
ACCEPT            fw      net         udp      53
#
# Accept SSH connections from the local network for administration
#
ACCEPT            loc     fw          tcp      22
#
# Make ping work
#
ACCEPT            fw      loc         icmp      8
ACCEPT            loc     fw          icmp      8
ACCEPT            fw      net         icmp      8

# Bering specific rules:
# allow loc to fw udp/53 for dnscache to work
# allow loc to fw tcp/80 for weblet to work
#
ACCEPT            loc    fw          udp       53
ACCEPT            loc     fw          tcp      80

# Added A.Drake to allow weblet to be seen from outside
#ACCEPT           net     fw          tcp       80

# Added A.Drake to allow FTP from local network
ACCEPT            loc     fw          tcp      21

# Added A.Drake to allow FTP/WWW port forwarding to SOLOMON
ACCEPT            net    loc:192.168.1.13 tcp      80       -      all
ACCEPT            net    loc:192.168.1.13 tcp      21      -       all

# Added A.Drake to allow ez-ipupdate to connect to DYNDNS
#ACCEPT           fw      net         tcp      80
ACCEPT            fw  net:66.37.215.47:80 tcp      80

# Added A.Drake      to allow pop3 access to qmail on firewall
ACCEPT            loc     fw          tcp      110
ACCEPT            loc     fw          tcp      25
ACCEPT            fw     net         tcp       110
ACCEPT            fw      net         tcp       25

#LAST LINE -- ADD YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE THIS ONE -- DO NOT REMOVE

qmail/me

mail.drakeweb.homeip.net

qmail/rcpthosts

drakeweb.homeip.net

qmail/virtualdomains

drakeweb.homeip.net:lrpqmail
mail.drakeweb.homeip.net:lrpqmail

qmail/plusdomain

qmail/defaultdomain

qmail/local

no content

qmail/pop3d/run

#!/bin/sh

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \

/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \

 mail.drakeweb.homeip.net /usr/bin/checkvpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d \

 Maildir 2>&1

qmail/qmail/run

#!/bin/sh
exec env - PATH="/usr/bin:/var/qmail/bin" \
qmail-start ./Maildir/

Any ideas? The DYNDNS service I use says not to include MX entries if you
only have one IP address. I am running tinydns - here's the content of the
private file:

.private.network::localhost
.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa::localhost
+firewall.private.network:192.168.1.254